(December 09, Colombo - Lanka Polity) Savisthri (Women for development alternatives) Movement, a national Sri Lankan women's organization for developments alternatives has organized a fair trade and exhibition to be held on 11th December from 9 am to 8 pm for promoting alternative community creations and productions.
Aims and Goals of the fair trade is as follows:
· developing fair trade
· buildup confidence on fair trade
· initiate dialogue for fair trade
· encourage the people alternative products
· spreading ideology among the people
Following items are displayed and sold in this exhibition.
· handloom sarees
· clothes and ornaments
· indigenous foods
· indigenous medicines
· alternative energy(bio-gas)
· clay pots
· handy crafts