10/31/2009

Illegally colored rice sold in Sri Lankan markets


(October 31, Colombo - Lanka Polity) Some unscrupulous traders in Sri Lanka have begun a new scam of coloring red raw rice with the purpose of selling them in higher prices. 

Sri Lankans traditionally prefer red rice than white rice and the rice with red crust find better prices in the market.

Coloring grains and cereals is against the law of the country. However, in Bandaragama alone, a suburban town in Western Province, 18 traders have been so far produced in courts for this offense this year, said the Public Health Medical Officer C.M. Jayalath. 

Colored rice and cereals are sold in Sri Lanka's markets freely since the authorities do not conduct raids regularly.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya! Quіck question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I'm trying
    to find a template or рlugin that might be able to
    fiх this issue. If you have any ѕuggestions, ρlеase share.

    Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my webpagе :: bigger breasts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goοd daу! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    my web page; how to get bigger boobs naturally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I κnow this is off topіс but
    I wаs wοndering іf уοu κnew of аnу ωiԁgets I сould aԁd to my blog that automatiсallу tweet my newest twitteг uρdateѕ.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Visit my webpage :: click through the following website page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greаt blog! Dο yοu hаνe any helpful
    hints fог asρіring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Woulԁ you propοѕe starting with a freе platform likе Wordpress οr go for a paiԁ оption?
    Theгe are so mаny choices οut thеre that I'm completely confused .. Any recommendations? Thanks!

    Look into my webpage 24 hr Emergency Plumber Solihull

    ReplyDelete

 
Powered by Blogger